Super Bowl is one of the biggest sporting events in the world and most watched event in the United States. Perhaps, Super Bowl is in bucket list of most of us. If you looking to buy Super Bowl 2019 tickets, then it will not be that easy thing as you would normally check out the ticket website and get tickets. Super Bowl 2019 is going to be held in early February and the rush is on. Super Bowl tickets are often the most expensive tickets as these are in high demand but limited in supply.
Let’s look at sources from where you can get the tickets:
NFL distributes Super Bowl tickets and season ticket holder
It’s not an easy task to get the Super Bowl tickets at face value. It’s impossible to average guy to get a Super Bowl ticket from primary sources. But you can get the chance to buy Super Bowl tickets at face value being a season ticket holder with an NFL team. Looking at the allocation, NFL holds major control over tickets and retains 25.2 percent of tickets for members of media, corporate partners and sponsors. Remaining 74.8 percent of Super Bowl tickets will be distributed to each team in the league (17.5 percent each to AFC and NFC champion, 6.2 percent to host team and 33.6 percent to remaining 28 teams). Now you can see only a small portion is available to fans which are trickles down to you by brokers.
If you are a season ticket holder, you will get automatically entered into a lottery system where you might get the chance to buy primary Super Bowl tickets. Lottery winner can get the tickets at face value. You might have this question in mind that in a case where you got selected in a lottery but you are not able to go and attend the event, then what to do? No worries, selection in the lottery does not mean that you are obligated to buy the tickets. Moreover, if you have bought the tickets, then you can resell the tickets at a higher price in the secondary market.
NFL distributes the tickets through a random drawing. During the period of Feb 1 and June 1 of year preceding of game, entries for random numbers are accepted and the winner will be notified by October or November. Only ticket request sent by registered mail or certified mail is accepted.
One thing to consider here that every season ticket holder is not equal, preference would be given to those season ticket holders whose team has made it, type and number of seats you own. Not all the tickets go to season ticket holder as many teams give a set number of Super Bowl tickets to their players, personnel and their family members. However, it is not permitted to coaches and players to resell their tickets. There are usually some promotional tickets which will be given or sold to radio station giveaways, celebrities, and politicians.
If you are not lucky one to get selected in lotteries, then you will have to buy the ticket from secondary market or secondhand sellers. Most of the major ticketing agency must have Super Bowl tickets. Many Online ticket resellers work by connecting Super Bowl ticket buyers with ticket holders who want to sell their tickets. These kinds of sellers may be individual season ticket holders who got their tickets from lotteries or professional ticket brokers. You can check out StubHub, SeatGeek, RazorGator, Ticketmaster, and TickCo. These websites make money by taking a commission of the sales price and some charging fees. If you want to get Super Bowl tickets online, then get them from a reliable and reputable website like above-mentioned.
The price of these tickets on the secondary market is purely supply and demand based. Tickets rate varies based on several factors, including the number of tickets available, seat location and rush of people to buy them.
As you can see, it is quite difficult to get the tickets for Super Bowl but certainly, it is not that impossible. Keep trying you will have to settle by watching the game on TV.