Super Bowl is one of the most exciting football games ever played. Super Bowl 2019 is just a month away and
the race is heating up. Numbers of records have been broken in every season on the line. Every season
brought up new superstars, emotional events to thrilling matches.
Now let’s take a look at the few records held by teams at Super Bowl Tournament:
1. The Pittsburgh Steelers (IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, and XLIII) have the record for the most Super Bowls
victories with six championships followed by the New England Patriots (5–5), the Dallas Cowboys
(5–3), and the San Francisco 49ers (5–1) whose have five wins each. Among them, the San Francisco
49ers have the longest Super Bowl winning streaks in 5 games: XVI, XIX, XXIII, XXIV, XXIX)
2. New England Patriots holding the record of most Super Bowl appearances with 10 in Super Bowl
Season number XX, XXXI, XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLII, XLVI, XLIX, LI, LII.
3. Buffalo Bills (0–4) have the most consecutive appearances with 4 from 1990 to 1993 (Season XXV to
XXVIII) but all those seasons came to end as a loss for Buffalo Bills. The Miami Dolphins is the second
team after Buffalo Bills to have at least three consecutive appearances from 1972 to 1974.
4. When it comes to losing, the Denver Broncos and New England Patriots have a record of highest
number of losses in five Super Bowls. Moving towards the Next number in which the team Buffalo Bills
has most consecutive Super Bowl losses with 4.
5. Only 2 consecutive wins are in records of NFL Super Bowl and which is share by Seven teams namely
the Green Bay Packers (I, II), the Miami Dolphins (VII, VIII), the Pittsburgh Steelers (IX, X and XIII,
XIV), the San Francisco 49ers (XXIII, XXIV), the Dallas Cowboys (XXVII, XXVIII), the Denver
Broncos (XXXII, XXXIII), and the New England Patriots (XXXVIII and XXXIX). Among those, the
Pittsburgh Steelers is the only team to accomplish two consecutive wins twice.
6. Dallas (1992–1993 and 1995) and New England (2001 and 2003–2004) are the only two teams to have
three victories out of four consecutive Super Bowls.
7. Only 4 teams have won the Super Bowl with no playoff games at home: Green Bay Packers (I and
XLV), Kansas City Chiefs (IV), Pittsburgh Steelers (XL), and New York Giants (XLII).
8. The Baltimore Ravens has the most Super Bowls wins without a loss and the number is 2.
9. The Pittsburgh vs. Dallas Cowboys (X, XIII, and XXX) has the most common matchup in the history
of the Super Bowl.
10. The San Francisco 49ers hold the largest margin of victory by 45 points against Denver Broncos in
Super Bowl XXIV along with the most point of 55 in a game by a single team.
11. Most points (75) scored recorded in a game by both teams are held by San Francisco (49) vs. San Diego
(26) in Super Bowl XXIX.